January Membership Spotlight: Jasmine Alvarez

Jasmine Alvarez is a junior at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte majoring in Psychology. This is her first semester in Charlotte, but she is already quite active with NeW!

How did you first hear about NeW?
"I first heard about NeW through Jessica Martinez, who is a really great friend of mine. She encouraged me to go to the National Conference."

What made you want to become involved in NeW?
"What made me want to be involved in NeW was after going to the National Conference in DC in June 2018. Through meeting several conservative women, I have wanted to become more involved with networking and learning more about NeW’s message. Becoming
involved in NeW, it has challenged my liberal thinking and has made me want to become more involved in NeW’s mission."

What is your all-time favorite NeW event you’ve attended?
"My all-time favorite NeW event was the National Conference. I had the opportunity to listen to several women talk about feminism and discuss policies that matter to me and other women like me."

Describe NeW in one word and tell us why you chose that word.
"Empowering. Through NeW, I had the opportunity to challenge myself and realize what empowerment is. Through NeW, I felt a lot stronger and more confident about being a woman in today’s society. Being empowered will help me learn about myself, have the opportunity to cultivate my own thoughts, and not be afraid to tell others about conservative beliefs."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What NeW is All About

Freedom is NOT Free